Mauna Kea Summit Sunset & Stargazing Adventure
Sunset & Stargazin
This spectacular Mauna Kea sunset and stargazing tour will bring you the most beautiful sunset you've ever seen in your entire life, at least, one of the most. The stars and sunset from above the clouds, at 13,803 ft! You can reach to the summit by a car! After a gorgeous sunset, we'll move down to the night sky lights up with thousands of glittering stars. ※ Estimated pickup time will be between 1:30~2:30pm @Kona area. ※ We don't discount even if we meet up at Hilo district. ※ It'll depend on traffic and weather conditions, but we'll drop you off around 9-10pm at Queen Market Place. ※We recommend to wear the long sleeve, pants, and sneaker Our tour is included down blow. ・Guide (English Speaking) ・Snow jackets, pants and gloves ・Bottled water ・Hot Drinks ・Picnic dinner (Veggie burger, this is the best veggie burger in the big island! If you are on gluten free diet, we serve various kinds of rice bowl selection) ・Oxygen cylinder ・Astronomical telescope ・Admission fee for Mauna Kea summit
Adult (ages 16+)
Days of Week
15:00 - 15:15
Please meet in front of the Mcdonald’s that is in the Target parking area 🤙/74-5453 Makala Blvd ※Pick-up time varies depending on the season and the place you stay
15:45 - 16:00
Queens’ Market Place
Please meet up at the backside parking area of Queen's Market Place in front of Island Gourmet Markets🌺 /69-201 Waikoloa Beach Dr #201 ※Pick-up time varies depending on the season and the place you stay
17:00 - 17:15
Onizuka visitor center
We took a break at the Onizuka Visitor Center at an altitude of 2,800m for a dinner and an altitude acclimatization. We also change clothes for winter clothes here.
19:00 - 20:00
Mauna Kea summit at an altitude of 4,205 m
We will stay at the summit for about 60min until sunset. The guide will take picture of you with the sunset. Watch the sunset at the top of Mauna Kea near the universe. Enjoy a fantastic moment!
21:00 - 21:40
Starry sky observation with an astronomical telescope and a laser pen at an altitude of 3,600-3,700 m (2,800 m depending on the weather)
A guide explains the constellations and stars using a reflective telescope and laser pen. Hot drink will be provided at this time. At the end of stargazing we will take your photo with the stars!
23:00 - 23:15
Dropping off the guest in reverse order of pick up
Pickup Locations / Times
in front of the Mcdonald’s that is in the Target parking area /74-5453 Makala Blvd
The backside parking area of Queen's Market Place in front of Island Gourmet Markets /69-201 Waikoloa Beach Dr #201
Add-ons / Transportation
Hotel Pick Up[Description]No pick up available from Waimea and Hilo area.[Price]Free
- What's Included
- Guide (English Speaking)
- Snow jackets, pants and gloves
- Bottled water
- Hot Drinks
- Veggie Sandwich
- Oxygen cylinder (Emergency use only)
- Astronomical telescope
- Admission fee for Maunakea summit
- Not recommended for expectant mothers or guests with heart or respiratory problems.
- No scuba diving within 24 hours before your tour date to avoid decompression sickness.
- Participants must be older than 16 years old or younger than 70 years old.
- Please refrain from drinking within 8 hours before the tour departs.
- You can join the tour on the day of arrival on the island of Hawaii, but we do not do pick up or drop off at the airport.
- Please refrain from bringing in large luggage such as suitcases.
- Cancellation within 48 hours before the tour pick-up time, due to problems such as flight delays and missing backs, we will not be able to meet the tour pick-up time and will be charged 100% even if you do not participate in the tour.
- We do not provide transportation to Hilo or Waimea area.
- People with deafness and wheelchair users can join the tour. We will prepare guide content documents and wheelchairs during the tour, so please be sure to tell us when you apply. ※Electric wheelchairs are not allowed. Only simple manual wheelchairs are allowed to bring.
- What to Bring
- Wear comfortable walking shoes. Long pants, a heavy sweater or jacket is highly recommended as the weather is extremely cold at night at the summit and temperatures can drop below freezing at any time of year with the wind chill factor.
- We will guide you to the top of the mountain by car, so you do not have to climb on foot.
- Additional Info
- Depending on the weather, you may not be able to reach the summit of Mauna Kea. If the gate is closed due to bad weather during the tour, you will watch the sunset at the foot of Mauna Kea (around 2000m) or the beach, and observe the starry sky at the foot of Mauna Kea (around 2000m).
- We will guide you to the summit of Mauna Kea, so there is no walking.
- You need to sign the disclaimer when you participate.
- The tour will be operated by Hawaiian Haoles, Inc. dba Hawaiian Eyes Tours.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT BE LIABLE TO ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. FURTHERMORE, NEITHER PARTY MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY TO ANY OTHER PARTY REGARDING THE EFFECT THAT THE AGREEMENT MAY HAVE UPON THE FOREIGN, FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL TAX LIABILITY OF THE OTHER.
2 days before to 12:00
After 12:00, 2 days before
The most spectacular view in the world
Posted Date: 2023/06/06
Participation Date: 2023-05
Mauna Kea Summit and Stargazing
Posted Date: 2023/05/25
Participation Date: 2023-05
Friends / Colleagues
Posted Date: 2023/05/16
Participation Date: 2023-04
Posted Date: 2023/04/21
Participation Date: 2023-04
Very cool Tour with relaxed and motivated Guides!
Posted Date: 2023/04/18
Participation Date: 2023-06